Saturday, October 18, 2003

Black Jack gum and Bitter Orange Soda

I went into the local 7-11 near where I work the other day and discovered that they had "Black Jack" gum in stock. This is a type of licorice gum that only comes out occasionally near the holidays. It used to be more common, I guess, when my dad was a kid - it is a memory of his childhood and we all know that if it is ever seen, it is to be bought. So I bought all that the dear 7-11 had.... all 36 packages. The guy who owns the 7-11 found me really amusing and said he was going to order more for me. Gold star for the favorite daughter!! :)
Now if we can only discover where to get Schweppe's Bitter Orange soda. You can find Bitter Lemon in the US, but the only place he's found the orange in recent years was in Italy. I wonder if they would ship it here by crate.........

No comments: