Sunday, September 21, 2008

Great Big Fun in NYC!

Friday night was spent at the Nokia Theater in the heart of Times Square to see Great Big Sea!

From Great Big Sea @ Nokia - Sept 19


They did two fantastic sets, with the entire concert being around 2.5 hours of singing, dancing and fun. You know you've had a great time when you spend the next two days with a raspy voice from constant singing and sore shoulders and arms from all of the clapping! We finally got our copy of Fortune's Favour, their newest CD, and Matt got me a signed picture of the band. Cool!

From Great Big Sea @ Nokia - Sept 19

The only sadnesses of the day were two... first, there were supposed to be five of us instead of three. Due to two of our number being students at the moment and have classes on Friday nights (oh, horror!), they were sadly not in attendance. The other sadness was a selfish one... I had my little camera with me and I knew the batteries were failing, and they completely died about two minutes into the second set. I would have kept shooting, but sadly could not and didn't have time to buy batteries beforehand. :(

Alan singing
From Great Big Sea @ Nokia - Sept 19


Sean (my favorite picture of the night!)
From Great Big Sea @ Nokia - Sept 19


Bob playing the accordion
From Great Big Sea @ Nokia - Sept 19


They put on a great show and didn't disappoint! I wish more of the US knew about them... if you've never heard them, check 'em out! They have something for everyone!
The rest of the pictures are here... Great Big Sea @ Nokia - Sept 19

No comments: