Monday, April 24, 2006

What the heck is my immune system doing?

It seems that I have been sick quite often of late. First, a midwinter cold. A few weeks ago, it was the vague stomach thing. At the end of last week, I started feeling really tired and losing my voice. I wrote it off at first - I'd been too busy and not getting enough sleep, on top of allergy season. But then I really started to feel awful and realized that it was bronchitis. I had to work until three on Saturday, too... a cold and rainy Saturday that was filled with a ton of customers. Bah! I went to bed when I got home and barely left it the next day. On Sunday I had a nice Matt-pillow to lean on, though, and got through to the doctor via telephone, who hooked me up with some strong antibiotics. So I am still weary and not completely myself, but at least I'm on the mend.

But really - what's been up with my immune system? I wonder if it's a byproduct of my allergy shots? Or am I just going through an weak-immune phase? I don't know, and it's frustrating! Bah.

But anyway, spring is popping up all around us, and although I might be allergic to it all, it is still beautiful and green and lovely. The flowers are blooming and trees are getting baby leaves and things are smelling earthy and fresh. Hopefully I'll be able to spend some time outside this week. The fresh air and sun will be good for me, even if it's all mental! :)

No comments: