A few things I learned about Boston during a recent visit to Massachusetts - interesting to me since I went to school in that area for over four years!
1. There are cows grazing in the city!
2. The oldest continuously operating tavern in America is found there - the Bell-in-Hand.
3. The Omni Parker House is our country's longest continuously operating hotel.
4. The State Desert of Massachusetts is said to have been perfected at the hotel above, and Parker House rolls originated there, too!
5. There is a restaurant in Feneuil Hall where waitstaff tie helium balloons to long hair (but only if it's your birthday or a special occasion) - it is quite the sight!