Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It makes you thankful...

I heard a sad story today.
I was chatting with someone I work with this week and they asked me about what I am doing for Thanksgiving. I told them, and then asked in return. This person is going to be home alone. Parents (both only children) have passed and the only family are some relatives in PA that are not too close. The teacher was invited to numerous dinners with friends, but doesn't want the awkwardness of unknown family members. So they will be alone. They argued that it was relaxing, but still. It's a day about family, friends, sharing. I would never want to sit in those shoes, yet I can understand how they feel.

It makes me thankful for all that I do have, and shameful that sometimes I forget how lucky I really am.

No comments: