Friday, April 18, 2008

Like, OMG!



On Friday, May 16th, I'm heading to my second prom. I only went to one in high school (my senior prom) but not because I didn't want to... because I had no one to go with. I went to one other formal in HS... the Holiday Ball (again senior year), but that was it. We didn't do casual/semiformal dances. Then in college it was worse!! I wanted to go to the formals (each year at Christmastime, known as "Turner Hill" for the location or "The dance formally known as Turner Hill" when the venue changed) but again.... I was cursed with no date - which was the theme of college for me! How sad I sound!

But now I get to go with a really good date... my high-school (teaching) sweetheart! We'd talked about it before, but the other day when I came to visit him at school, Matt asked me to the prom. I shrugged and said, "Whatever" in true high-schooler form. :)

I'm really excited to go! It's going to be so much better than my prom, which was cursed with sadness, rain, drama... all on a Friday the 13th. I don't have to worry about all of the stupid stuff or what other girls are wearing or how my hair looks. I can go and have a good time observing the silliness of high schoolers in a tradition that spans the test of time.

He, he! I'm going to the prom, I'm going to the prom!

No comments: