Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yum Yum Yum....

My friend Chris gave me this recipe. She's made it several times for different barbecues and the like, and I finally got to try the recipe myself. I'll be bringing it to my sister's house for a family get-together tomorrow.
It's a Weight Watchers recipe, but everyone will like it - it doesn't taste low-fat. :)


COLD SESAME NOODLES

6 ounces chow mein noodles or spaghetti (I used lo mein noodles)
1/3 cup reduced fat smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons of ketchup
2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Asian (dark) sesame oil
2 scallions, chopped


1. Cook the noodles/spaghetti according to the package instructions; drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.

2. In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, water, ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and oil. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until well mixed. Remove from heat and cool about 10 minues.

3. Toss noodles with the sauce, sprinkle with scallions and serve. (I would refrigerate it first to let it cool and meld, but that's me... it's also excellent the next day.)

Makes 8 Servings (For midgets, as Chris says!)
Points value of 4 for a 1/3 cup serving.

No comments: