Monday, January 26, 2004

Gilbert and Sullivan

Well, I did it. Auditioned for a G&S company nearby. Took mom to the audition with me, for moral support and directions. Got there and was the youngest by probably 10 years, although most likely 20 on average. The audition itself seemed to go fairly well. I was the only one who did not know the score, which made me feel somewhat stupid, but I sang something else and it was fine, although the piano was tremendously loud. Then I did a reading with this man and that was fine. Then the director asked me questions. Don't ask me questions during a deer-in-the-headlights moment. My IQ bottoms out and I can't think. Well, as mom says, I was not there to be personally articulate. We'll see what comes of it. I hope the second audition date brings about more people, (younger??) since there were few there. More on this as it develops....

(...and maybe we'll get a dumping of snow and no work Wednesday??? stay tuned.....)

No comments: