Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Literary commentary...

Ok, so I know the book Ticket Home has been on my "currently reading" list forever. I had it on there before I actually started reading it, to be honest - and then it did take me while to finish. It was a good book - interesting storyline which takes place during WW2 - identical twin brothers, a pretty girl, trains, conflict (both personal and war related), history, etc. The battle explinations and sequences were long and drawn out, but justified.
The author's website: James Michael Pratt

...Now to a new book: Girl With the Pearl Earring, by Tracy Chevalier. It was recommended to me by my friend Alisa. Actually, what she said was "...this is the next book you need to read." She's not the only one who recommended it, either. A woman I work with loved it, and when I was talking to my mom about buying it at Barnes & Noble, some guy overheard me stumbling on the artists' name (Vermeer) and said that he'd read it... but that it's not a guy book. I've already started it and like it so far. There's a movie, too - which I'd wanted to see - but I'm glad to read it first.

No comments: