Sunday, April 25, 2004

v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n!

I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation, la-la-la-la-laaaaa-la! :)

After this last week, I am so glad that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! It was just so busy. Had the Women's Club concert on Thursday night with my chamber choir and they were all right... but it's hard when you have only 6 and out of your 2 girls, one is home sick with the flu! But they did fine, considering, and it is a good "dress rehearsal" for their real concerts to come. One down, nine more to go.

Friday went quick, thankfully, and had some good points: it was a friday, payday, day-before-vacation, dress-down-day, assembly-in-the-morning, breakfast.... on the whole, the ideal type of day. Of course it means that the kids were crazy, but you deal. I started not to feel well, though, so I actually spent the night on the couch with a cup of tea and a movie - Nicholas Nickleby, which was very good. Saturday, I ended up seeing Home on the Range with Katie and two of her family friends.... cute but not something I would have just gone to see on my own. Still not feeling well today, I did not go down to the water to see the QE2 and QM2 and the fireworks by the Statue of Liberty... I wanted to, but it's cold and damp and when you don't feel well and the weather is like that, you don't want to be stuck in traffic with a million people.

However, the Queen Mary 2 is supposedly beyond a lot of adjectives... mom and dad had a smashing time on board and I am hoarding my pennies so I can take a trip across the big pond one day. You can check out all that Cunard has to offer here - including a virtual tour of the QM2. I am tres jealous, but determined that I will sail away to England again.... someday!!!

Tomorrow I'll turn in the big blue beast... it has already been a month of renting. But we also will sign paperwork so that my car will get finished, even if we don't know who is ultimately paying for it. (cautious cheer.)

Update: after much telephone tag, the next meeting is Friday. Don't know where yet, but it sounds like it might be a date?

No comments: