Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year! (and p.o.t.d.!)



HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!

Hope you are all off to a great start in 2006. Have you made any resolutions? I made one, but I am not telling what it is... specifically. I will mention that it is something that falls into the catagory of "random acts of kindness" and that perhaps one/some of you might see it in action at some point. It's not something I want to blurt out or anything, just do it without recognition or fanfare. :) If anyone else's resolutions are share-able, please let me know! I'm always curious to hear what people resolve to do.

As to my celebrations of the last weekend, they were plentiful. Friday night featured a trip to Ikea, where I bought some cool star-shaped lights and other goodies. On Saturday, planning was done for the evening's festivities (including the making of candy sushi!) and then the crew arrived for a boatload of food and fun and good times designed to help ring in the New Year. The next day, the party decided to hit the road and travel... to Belmar. (yes, I realize it is two weekends in a row... but it's fun!) So, we all went down and went to a family party and hung out and ate some more, etc. Monday was kind of rainy, so we only made a quick visit to the Manasquan Environmental Center (must go back there in better weather!) and then headed back for food and a movie before making a rather rainy drive back north. All in all, it was a lot of fun... even with the sad fact that my Jeep, which was spending the weekend up at Matt's, ended up with a nasty flat and ended up needing some rather large amounts of TLC... but it is better now, thanks to two rather handy men! :)

Ah, yes, before I forget... The Picture Of the Day. A towel creation, which greeted me one evening while cruising in Bermuda. Enjoy!

No comments: