Monday, December 11, 2006

Drama

Last Sunday, I got sick. It was fairly miserable, but not unbearable. I went to work, tried to take care of myself, rest. I did ok. Being that I was still not feeling great, I went to the doctor on Friday night. They gave me something they thought would help.

On Saturday, I had a great opportunity. We were invited to go and be a part of filming a talkshow pilot. If it ever airs, you'll see us on TV! :) We actually got on camera in the same shot with Jesse Martin! It was a long day, though, in a cold, cold room.

Then, Sunday morning came. I woke up with amazing chills and a sharp pain in my chest. This then got worse with a high fever and general misery. I was supposed to sing with my church choir and couldn't get out of bed. I called the doctor's office and spoke with the service. A doc called back and told me either to see someone at another of their offices or go to the emergency room. The other office didn't really want to see me, so I ended up at the hospital. That turned out to be the best choice. I was amazingly miserable. So nausious, so shaky, so cold, amazing head pain, hurting, miserable. They drew blood and gave me lots of IV fluids, chest x-rays, more blood... and diagnosed me with pneumonia.

I finally got released after being ordered to stay home for the entire week... which causes chaos in terms of holiday concerts, two of which happen this week, one of those in which I am in charge. But there is nothing I can do about it. I can only give them the information I have and leave it at that. So now it's a week of rest and ordering the rest of the Christmas presents online. Bah humbug.

No comments: