Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weekend Adventuring?

The best laid plans of mice and men.... (or something like that)

Considering someone's birthday is coming up next week, I had been planning a birthday adventure to take place yesterday. I had several activities in mind, and was pretty excited about it. I had even toyed with the idea of going to Brooklyn today for the 17 of May Parade.  But once I realized that I was getting sick, I sadly came to the realization that there would be no adventure, at least not this weekend. Bah.

But I will provide a health update... I bumbled through work on Thursday and Friday, feeling crummy but functional. Friday evening I started to get chills, but no fever... but by bedtime I had 102f. So, in the morning, it was back to the doctor. Luckily the fever broke during the night.

He changed my antibiotic. To a really big one. (yikes) And sent me for an x-ray, which for some strange reason my insurance won't cover at the office. So, it was off to the hospital. No, no - not the ER again. This time as an outpatient for an x-ray only. Thanks to some connections I have at the hospital, I was able to head over and get it done pretty much right away. 
They're all ready pretty sure it's pneumonia again. 
The big question is if it is something that has just laid dorment for 
a few months or if it is a new case. And for either option... WHY?


So I've pretty much been flat on my back all weekend, sleeping, drinking as much as I can, taking an army of pills.... and I have to go to work tomorrow.  There is no way I can miss the other important concert 
week of the year. I don't really know how in the world I'll do it, 
but there really is no choice.
grumble grumble grumble (cough) grumble.

Why is my timing like this? It's seriously messing with my mind and making me crazy and paraniod.

(and why is the spacing off? Blogger is being screwy.) Grr.

No comments: