Sunday, June 03, 2007

Oh, the Popcorn sickness!

Last night we decided to go to the movies. But not at any movie theatre... the drive in!
When Matt and I had just started dating, we went to the drive in to see Shrek 2 - it was such fun! I had never been to a drive-in at that point... it is such a kitschy, fun time. If you live nearby, you must go. Call me and I'll come along! ;)

When we heard that Shrek the Third was coming out, we both knew where we needed to go and see it! We weren't sure if the weather would cooperate, but about an hour before everything looked all right, so we hopped in the car and headed out to the drive-in... and discovered that we had a double feature - Shrek was followed by Spider Man 3, a movie Matt had wanted to see as well! Score!

It was a lot of fun. Even though we got there later than most people, we managed to get a spot in the front row due to taking a car and not an SUV. Due to some smart thinking, we had a good blanket and a portable radio, so we were able to stretch out and hear everything perfectly. There was lots of lightning happening over the mountains, but the sky was clear overhead so we were rain-free.

We'd brought in sandwiches, but still patronized the snack bar for a big bucket of popcorn during Shrek and then ice pops during Spider-Man. In the intermission, I had to go and use the bathroom (what else is new?) and of course the line was extremely long for the Ladies. But I was impatient and bold... and went in to use the Men's! (I had a guard outside the door, of course... and we started a trend! Several other women lined up to do the same!)

As the second movie was ending, I started to feel a little queasy. I had eaten way too much popcorn. Much more than I know is good for me. And it was making me miserable!! Oh, the uncomfortableness of it all! Once home, I downed some medicine and moaned and groaned into bed. Yuck! Hopefully, I have learned my lesson - don't get a big popcorn ever again. Hopefully.




One more thing on a non-related topic... Alex, the younger brother of my dear friend Kate, is in Europe for the week and making video posts. Check them out here!

No comments: