Friday, June 01, 2007

Foodie Post

Marisa tagged me for a Foodie Meme a while back. I actually got the entire thing ready last Saturday, but somehow the internet got the better of me and lost the post. Grr. So here I go again....


List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.
(I guess this means near where I live?)


1. Crecco's Cafe (River Vale, NJ) This is a local-yokal-Italian place, but the food is always good and a great value. I'm surprised every time I go at how great it is! I especially love their apple, goat cheese and walnut salad with grilled chicken.

2. Cafe Archetypus (Edgewater, NJ) This is an unusual cafe - it looks like you're underground, and some of the "booths" are their own little caves! Very cool atmosphere and good food. The majority of the menu is devoted to desserts, especially of the ice cream variety... so be sure to save some room!

3. Peanut Butter and Company (NYC) If you're a PB person, this is a must. They make their own, and virtually everything on the menu includes some kind of Peanut butter! I personally enjoy a good fluffernutter sandwich - chunky, of course, on toast. Sandwiches are served with a few chips and some carrot sticks, and they will cut off the crusts if you wish! Matt has enjoyed the "Elvis" - peanut butter, honey, banana and bacon... strangely, it's not that bad!

4. The Soda Pop Shop (Montclair, NJ) This place is a cool, kitschy retro trip. It's an ice cream parlor with vintage board games all over the walls and lots of retro paraphernalia. They serve diner-y/grill food, too (actually, I've had a fluffernutter sandwich there as well!), but it's really all about the atmosphere at a place like this. Go and share an ice cream soda with your sweetie!

5. The Melting Pot (Westwood, NJ) It's a chain restaurant, but oh, how good! If you're at all into chocolate or cheese (or both!) you will love it. Go hungry and wear comfortable clothes... you might eat yourself into a frenzy! The cheese fondue has many variations and different types of cheese, but the part I look the most forward to? The CHOCOLATE!!! You can customize the fondue, and it comes with a plate of amazing dip-able goodies... strawberries, bananas, pineapple, marshmallows, brownie bits, cheesecake bits..... my mouth is watering just thinking about it!



Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged:

Hmm... I'm tagging Rebecca in MA, even though Marisa tagged her, too. Also Angela in NH, Kate in ME, Jenny in Italy (and/or NJ) and Matt in NJ. Tag! You're all it! ;)

No comments: