Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I heart SLIPPERS!

I have been infamously quoted as saying, "I love socks." And yes, it is true. I do love a good pair of socks, being that I have constantly cold toes. But little do most of you know...

...I also love slippers. Specifically, shearling slippers.

I had a pair that I stole from my mom in college that I still have as a backup, but my favorites are LL Bean's Wicked Good Moccasins (in Brown). I got a pair of these angels two Christmases ago and they are my constant companions when I am not wearing shoes (I even wear them during the summer... sometimes!). They have been so well loved. But, to my dismay, they started to come apart on the side! I was very sad, but the good people at Bean rock my socks... er, slippers. They have a 100% satisfaction guarentee and therefore were happy for me to send my sad friends back to Maine and get a replacement pair with no fuss. The one problem is that they told me they were BACKORDERED UNTIL MARCH! Oh, horror! To be without my slippers was tantamount to disaster and very cold feet!

So it was a joyful surprise to get an email the other day stating they had been shipped, and today we had a box on the porch. They came! Hurrah!

My feet are happy (and warm!) once again. LLBean, I am devoted to you.

No comments: