Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Set Up

A woman that I work with came up to me on Monday to tell me about someone that she wanted to set me up with. I thought about it, and asked several opinions (girl friends and mom, of course). So I gave her my number to give to this guy. She says that she has known him for most of his life... since he was 3 or 4.

I am internally bugging out about this whole scenario. I've never been set up before. Ever. And it frightens me. My mind jumps to all sorts of unlikely scenarios and situations... but I did it. The ball is in his court. He calls, he doesn't call, whatever. I'll meet him someplace neutral and try to make conversation with a complete stranger... something I'm not good at, but I guess it's a learning experience if nothing else.

I'm such a baby about things like this.....

No comments: