I took my dear 'ol Sheep-in-a-jeep in for repairs today. I haven't mentioned too much about the accident of late, but here's an update.
As I told you, they decided to go through insurance. I thought that was a bit silly to go through the rigmarole, but it's not my decision to make. So, I called and made a claim with their insurance carrier. The local agent then called me back and warned me that there was a "potential coverage issue" (read: this person is either behind on their payments or uninsured) but he promised to look into it and get back to me after July 4th. I stewed about it for a few days, and then got a shock on Thursday morning... the problem was cleared up and my claim would go through! They said that I would get the repairs and a rental. Woo hoo!!
So, a very thankful Miss President went to a body shop this morning, as directed, and dropped off my baby. They then took me two doors down to a rental agency and arranged for my temporary transportation. A short time later, I got the estimate on my car... $965.20... and was told that I won't get it back until at least Wednesday.
I'm certainly thankful that this seems to be going smoothly, after a rough start. And although I don't get spoiled with the same type of rental as I did the last time I had an accident, a Jeep "cousin" will certainly do the trick...