Monday, July 16, 2007

A weekend full of adventure!

We were busy, busy, busy this weekend! A lot of fun was had and a lot of energy was spent.

On Friday night, we went to see Harry... at the IMAX theatre! First, we had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants... Stir Crazy, then wandered around a bit. Luckily, we got there early, since the line for our 9:45 movie started a little after 8pm! We got on line pretty early and entertained ourselves with books and playing cards.



The climactic scenes at the end were shown in IMAX 3-D, which made it all the better - you feel like you're there with them! The movie was great, and now I am very excited about the book release! :)

On Saturday, we went into the city... finally! I've been planning this trip for Matt's birthday since the middle of May! We took the train in and stopped to grab some coffee (me) and a donut (Matt) in the terminal. He enjoyed the donut so much that we decided to get another... at Doughnut Plant! They have amazing and unusual donuts... so yummy! I shouldn't have, but how do you resist such unusual flavors and varieties?



We then thought about going to Ellis Island and the MOMA, but instead we wandered through Chinatown and Little Italy. We kept walking, and ended up passing by the Astor Place Theatre, where we purchased last-minute tickets to see a show!!

This unfortunately made my plans for dinner null - there wasn't time! We'll just have to take another trip in to eat a hard-to-find type of cuisine - and I will post about it at that time! Instead, we caught a quick bite at BAMN! It's amazing that for a grand total of five dollars I had: a bottle of water, hummus with pita and a flatbread with feta and grilled vegetables. What a bargain!



We then went to the show.... which was amazing!! Matt has seen them before, but this was my first time. I was blown away! It's so fresh and unusual - controlled improvisatory performance art, if that makes any sense at all! ;)



On Sunday, we went down to Mitsuwa Market. It's a fascinating place, and reminded me so much of my friend in Japan! (see her link on the sidebar!) Too bad it was so crowded... I was looking forward to lunch at their Japanese Food Court! Since the day was so nice, we left the craziness of Mitsuwa and drove up to the Palisades Interstate Park. It was beautiful there, and they even had a little eatery to satisfy two hungry adventurers!



We wrapped up the weekend's fun with a bit of dry ice....



All in all, it was a tremendously fun weekend. Hurray! (see all of the pictures here!)

No comments: