Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Stinky house

In my solitude, I've been cleaning the house. (well, besides sitting in front of the television for hours, knitting, shopping, laundry, baking, and several trips to Panera, that is.) Oh yes, what a domestic Goddess I am! ;p

Anyway, when I was cleaning the living room on Sunday, I came across one of those plug-in things by the outlet. Personally, I can't stand them, since they are uber strong and aggravate my athsma... so mom doesn't use it much. Well, it was on the floor and I was vacuuming, so I put it on top of the baseboard-heater to get it out of the way. Yesterday, when I came home from work, I thought that the house smelled especially pungent... and figured it was the cleaning supplies I'd used the other day. The smell persisted and seemed to be getting stronger, and as I was sitting in front of the TV I saw an ad for an air freshener... which reminded me of where the "smelly" (as my dad likes to call them) was! The whole point of those things is that the outlet provides it with enough heat to release the smell... and since ours was now sitting on top of the heater (which was on, of course) it was stinking up my house... and leaking! No wonder I felt like I was wheezing!! The oil went everywhere... into the heater (oh joy) and on the floor. So now my house stinks of some floral smell. Yuck. I tried my best to clean it up and have tried a natural smell-neutralizer (vinegar) so we'll see how it is when I get home today. Hopefully not so stinky.

I know, I know. I should have realized that the heater was not the place to put the smelly. I think that the thing to focus on is not that, but rather that I was giving the house a thorough cleaning!!!!!

No comments: