Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pack Your Bags...

It's really kind of awful that I have been getting (some of) my motivation to travel from television...

I love to watch Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel. Great Hotels and Passport to Europe (along with all of the other shows she's done) are both fantastic, and I've learned about so many places I want to go and see. I think part of it is that she's so personable and fun and genuinely excited about going to new places - I want to be her! Matt and I both have the travel bug and are already planning more trips than we can possibly take! I've wanted to go to the Library Hotel in NYC for years (I actually have now seen the outside, just by chance!), and Matt wants to go to Barcelona... if only for the "secret cookies"!! I've now found another hotel... Hotel Aria, in Prague. It's a music hotel! Much like the Library Hotel, each floor has a different theme (Jazz, Opera, Classical, Contemporary) with different rooms that celebrate different people in that genre.

Oh, I'd better start picking up loose change on the street if I'm ever going to begin to afford all of the traveling I want to do!

No comments: