Sunday, July 17, 2005

HarryPotterHarryPotterHarryPotterHarryPotter

So, yesterday was the day we've all been waiting for - the release of the newest -#6, The Half-Blood Prince. I'd preordered one at my local Barnes and Noble and went to pick it up after lunch. As soon as I walked in the door, there was the gigundo mound of green books, and some rather creatively dressed sales employees. They said hello, and asked if I was there for the signing. "What signing?" I asked, as I looked over their heads to the banner hanging from the ceiling. It said that Mary GranPre, the American HP illustrator, was upstairs, doing a signing, and if I went upstairs quickly with my newly purchased book I could get it signed!! Imagine my surprise as I went up and was next on line?!?! As soon as I'd said hello and had my book returned to me, the cell came out and I made a few calls, which caused me to buy two additional copies for others and get myself - and my father - in line (I couldn't go through the line three times, could I?) Really, how amazing is that? I was happy to just get a copy to read, but now I have a special one! :)

Shockingly enough, I have still not opened to page one... I am trying to save it for the looooong drive to Florida, one week from today. But I don't know if I'll last that long. I may break down within the next few days... no, it's not a matter of willpower, I just want to read it! ;)

Just to add to the festivities, check this out. It's good for a laugh - make sure you wait around until the third time you see Snape!

No comments: