Thursday, April 26, 2007

Road Trippin'

I had a wonderful few days in Massachusetts. I left later than initially planned on Sunday, but that was all right. Once I got up there, I checked in* and met up with the Woods at Qdoba. We enjoyed some food and then hung out a while at their new house - so cute!
The next day, Becky, Catherine and I went to Stage Fort Park in Gloucester. We'd initially planned to go to Good Harbor Beach, but because of the Nor'Easter, a lot of Gloucester ended up underwater and is now being repaired. The day was fantastic and we had such fun hanging out , catching up and playing at the water's edge.





Later in the day, we went to Building 19... I was excited to go, but unfortunately found nothing that I wanted! Oh, well. I did try on some funny boots... I'll try to get the pic, since Becky took it with her camera! :) My feet looked like a muppet!
That evening, I got to see my long-lost friend Amy for some chips and salsa at Chilli's - something we did on countless times while in college!! We'd recently found each other again through MySpace, and it was great to reconnect. I missed her a lot!





The next day, I met up with the Wood girls again and we went to a very belated birthday lunch (and vanilla cokes!) at Johnny Rockets. I was supposed to be up in MA for Becky's birthday party in January, but ended up somewhere else instead! :( We wandered around the mall a little bit and perused some sale racks, got some ice cream, and went back to the house and sat on the patio to enjoy the sun for a minute before I had to get back into the car.

I got home in record time - just a touch over four hours! It was a great trip and I am so happy I had the opportunity to get away and play. The weather was amazing and it is always good to reconnect, both with old friends and yourself!

Pictures are here.

*A space of my own - yay! Or as Amy put it, "How grown up of you!"

No comments: