Thursday, April 28, 2005

Am I right or am I wrong?

Perhaps I am just spoiled by technology, but I appreciate email for its speed and efficiency. Being that I am not a telephone person, email is convienient and easy - often I can fire off an email in the amount of time it would take me to dial and leave a voicemail saying "Call me back so I can tell you what I need to tell you." It contacts people wherever they are without having to physically track them down. Responses can even be sent in the middle of the night without disturbing people.

So why is it then that people don't respond? I write to people - to say hi, to check in, to try and plan things - and either get no response at all or get one too late. It's not a one-time occurance and it's not pinned on to just one person... I get this a lot! Come on, people, it's not hard. It's quick to check and send, especially for the modern world that doesn't have to deal with dial-up, like me. Dumb people. Am I being too harsh here? Or am I just expecting people to be curteous? Or is it just that people don't want to talk to me? I know that email is an informal and casual form of communication, but still...

Let me know what you think.

No comments: