Saturday, April 02, 2005

Crummy weather, crummy miss president

Although tremendous fun was had at the Auto Show, there was one thing which manifested itself into something not fun. I didn't know it at the time, but I was in the process of getting sick. I started to lose my voice that night and by the middle of the night, I woke up all scratchy-throated. Luckily, I had called out sick - I needed a "mental health day", and this ended up working out well since I just laid low and did minimal things. I went to work yesterday - perhaps not the best idea, but since I have to take off a few days in the very near future, I figured one would have to be enough for now.

Yesterday after work, we had to get in the car to drive Dad to the airport... on Long Island. We got out there in good time, but the homebound traffic was a beast, as expected. I was amazingly beat after that drive, and crashed on the couch for the evening, dragging myself to bed after sleeping through two hours of television.

So today I'll lay really low in this monsoon of rain. Maybe I'll drag myself out on a few errands, maybe not. Bah for sickness!

No comments: