Monday, April 11, 2005

"It would be a shame to miss New York in the Spring."

(can you place the quote???)

Having been born and bred in the area surrounding the Capital of the World, I've spent some considerable time there. There are an unspeakable number of places to go, things to do and experiences to experience - some of which I already have (and want to do again!), others that I plan to do, and still others that I am just finding out about here and there. Here is a short list of things I'm currently curious about/interested in... but beware, such a selection is quite short in reality! (hmmm... most are food places... I guess I must be hungry!)

Chinatown Ice Cream Factory and Grilled Cheese NYC (which I just heard about from reading LJC!), Dylan's Candy Bar and Serendipity (Marisa reminded me of these), The Library Hotel (you always need a place to stay!), Gray's Papaya, Zabar's, Kate's Paperie, Amy's Bread, 91st street Garden, Central Park Carousel and Zoo, Ferrara's, the Strand, Midsummer Night's Swing, Empire State Building, the Cloisters, the museums, etc, etc, etc.....

I'm lucky - I've had some exceptional trips into the Big Apple. I hope to have some more. It's strange that I have such fond memories of adventures in a place that scared me when I was little! :)

No comments: