Saturday, April 09, 2005

Update

Greetings from the toothless wonder! :) I went in yesterday morning for the surgery, and was more than a little nervous when I got there... but then they put the needle in my arm and told me that I would start to relax... I remember thinking, "wow - this stuff does make you feel better!" and then the next thing I knew, they were waking me up and saying it was all over. I spent a little time in recovery and then mom took me home.

My wonderful oral surgeon gave me some happy drugs - Vicodin and an antibiotic, and I spent most of yesterday icing my face and sleeping. I've been lucky to have such a fantastic "nurse" - my wonderful mom. She has been wonderful to her sick daughter!

I went back to see him for a follow-up this morning and he said everything looks great - honestly, I think he did a fantastic job, since I have very little swelling and feel pretty good. I've been eating more today - all soft things, of course, but he said that whatever I feel comfortable with is what I should have. I might swell more tomorrow, he says, but I don't think it will be anything I can't handle.

So I'll just take it easy for the next two days - he'd suggested that I take off Monday and I have already done so. I'll be happy to veg and sleep and watch movies and do very little. Just wanted to let people know that I made it through! :)

No comments: